threads
Page 8 of 21
Body work and Paint \  LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

LET'S SEE THE FLAT/SATIN PAINT JOBS!!

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 59995
replies 202
following 164

TwistedKreation   +1y
Originally posted by vonlefty

Edited: 10/16/2008 7:47:30 AM by vonlefty

Edited: 10/16/2008 7:40:20 AM by vonlefty

Originally posted by TwistedKreation

Hey anyone has pics of like tan or khaki paint jobs?

I know it's not a truck but this mk2 is painted Hot Rod Flatz, Desert Tan.

Yeah thats what I'm talking about I want to paint my truck like that but with gloss black grill and bumpers to compliment it. Maybe some desert camo on the hood too.

classicfinishes   +1y
Here are two we just finished up at my shop. The Charger was sprayed with SEM Hot Rod black. We also smoked the taillight and used a flat clear to match the outside.

The ranger was sprayed with Hot Rod Flatz Daytona blue pearl

post photo
post photo
post photo
LittleShopLackey   +1y
Gump got the left over Blazer blue
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
idrgbdy   +1y
ya i am definitely gonna re-flat my truck. can anyone explain the process of tinting? i assume you just start with a white flat paint or white primer and just add a certain amount of the actual color paint you want until you get the desired color.

but are most of these just primer or are they a standard primer and then they are painted with a flat paint over the primer?

thanks!

nryota   +1y
Originally posted by scraper631

here is my wifes s10 i did for her.cost me 8o bucks.i just mixed a single stage color with a 2 k filler.works realy good.and looks good to.

has anyone else heard of this idea??

and where do i find these hot rod flats colors at?

post photo
post photo
Blitz Noma   +1y
Edited: 10/23/2008 4:03:58 PM by Blitz Noma

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksflatz.aspx

classicfinishes   +1y
I really dont recommend the hot rod flatz colors. They are a paint to spray and take a lot of time and work to get them to come out right. If you are wanting to go with black try SEM Hot Rod black. that is what i sprayed on the charger we just did and that stuff works amazing. Or you can go to your local paint store and see what they can mix up most of them have a single stage flat paint and most of the time they will tint it for you. Hope this helps
rockboy   +1y
Believe it or not mine is yellow k2ooo primer, that we took to Walmart, and had 14 shots of turq, and 14 shots of blue put in it, and this is what came out:it did fade down a little, but I have been Rockin it going on 4 years now!! Damit I hope it gets THE MOONSHINE TOUCH SOON!!
post photo
dragmatic   +1y
I've used the SEM stuff before and I can attest to how easy it is to use and to top it off it's pretty damn cheap.