Mini Truckin General \  Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Stock floor VS. Traditional Body drop

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 18041
replies 44
following 36

lost cause   +1y
How's your truck setup (or which do you prefer) and why

I was pretty set on a SFBD for my taco, but at this point I just want that bitch on the ground!!!!

I don't have room in my shop to dis-assemble the entire truck, and on top of that I don't have time, or a frame table sooooo, I'm almost concidering a traditional body drop.........

opinions
granth   +1y
Brian, I don't know what your money situation is, or your time restraints, or how quick you want a turnaround....but I may know someone who would work with you money wise in trade for your work...

That being said....he's doing mine and we started saying traditional. That went out the window and shit hit the fan

PM me and I will give you his number. I know he is busy til February but after that he may just have room for you. Taco's traditional BD'd are not the most comfy thing in the world....reg cab at that.
ahab   +1y
I would say do a stock floor Body drop. you dont need a frame table to build a stock floor frame. If you have a flat surface to build on and use a level and clamps, you can build a very nice strait frame without a table. OR you could chop the top off you factory frame and drop some tube in there and weld it up. thats how mine is done. The frame stays strait because you never change the shape of it.
automatik23   +1y
hey andrew do u have any pix of your frame with the top cut and tubing put in?
ahab   +1y

post photo
automatik23   +1y
thanks bro
draggin95niss   +1y
im thinkin of doin my frame like ahab but i have a question....my truck has had the shit dragged out of it and the bottom of the frame is gone so instead of bein a box it is a "n" what can i do...
Numbskull   +1y
its all a matter of how much time, money, and effort you are willing to spend. no one will disagree that a stockfloor is the way to go. If you dont have the resources for a stockfloor just do a traditional. a stock floor will also require you to have more tools.

it doesnt make any sense to me why someone would put forth the effort to build a tock floor frame without a jig or frame table.
granth   +1y
Originally posted by Numbskull

its all a matter of how much time, money, and effort you are willing to spend. no one will disagree that a stockfloor is the way to go. If you dont have the resources for a stockfloor just do a traditional. a stock floor will also require you to have more tools.

it doesnt make any sense to me why someone would put forth the effort to build a tock floor frame without a jig or frame table.

i believe steel has come down fairly well here lately as well.....it doesnt have to have a steel plate top. hell it can stay on the floor with some small levels...but i would not trust a "flat" surface for anything unless you have it up off the ground and leveled if only a few inches even.
stockfloored85   +1y
cut floor leaves you with all your room under neath for exhaust compressors and tanks. stock floor you loose all that room. I have had both, and depending on the truck it dont matter.