Page 1 of 1
Dually Projects \  Alcoa 19.5's on the 3500HD now

Alcoa 19.5's on the 3500HD now

Dually Projects
views 7448
replies 7
following 7

someotherguy   +1y
OK, has taken a while to get all the items together (lug nuts, center caps, time to go have tires swapped over, etc.) but something's getting ready to happen out in the driveway.

thread post photo

Oh yeah!!!

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Whatta difference from...

thread post photo

Richard
90yota   +1y
definitely looks much better!
stennyboy   +1y
what do you plan on doing with it?
getsum   +1y
Looks good sir!
someotherguy   +1y
Thanks guys...I'm lovin the change, it's like a whole different truck, really coming along.

stenny - I think its wrecker days are over, for now I'm looking for a plain flatbed to put on it so it's a "truck" again and I can use it to haul stuff around - but eventually I think I'm going to swap an extended cab body onto it, shorten the frame a tiny bit, and modify a short fleetside bed with some narrowed dually flares to make an extended cab swb dually HD.

Richard
tutt   +1y
is that the same lug pattern thats on a F-450?
bigperm   +1y
me likey
someotherguy   +1y

Nope...depending on year of F450 you had a couple different lug patterns, up through '04 it was 8x225mm, '05-up it's 10x225mm.

The 10x7.25" lug pattern on these Alcoas is pretty unique to Chevy - used on the real (GMT400 series) 3500HD's, some large motorhome chassis and a few big step vans. Even the big "Frito" step vans with the 19.5" wheels were only 8x6.5". The lug pattern alone goes all the way back into the 40's on heavy Chevrolet trucks but the hub bore was smaller, it changed sometime in the mid 50's. They used a variety of weird patterns back then including an enormous 6 lug.

Richard
Page 1 of 1