Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Balancing Semi wheels

Balancing Semi wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 1846
replies 7
following 5

gmoyeshavedclean   +1y
What are the best weights to use when balancing 22in semi wheels, stick on or the clip on,I would think the clip on whould cause the bead to break,could someone give me some input, and what is the recommend foot pounds to tighten the bolts on the adapters, Thanks Greg
H8MENOW   +1y
one of my buddies at my work has a semi and he said the drive wheels do not need to be balanced only the steer tires are balanced. use clip style or they have a balance bag that you put inside the tire and goes where the tire needs it. that's on a full sized rig don't know if it applies to this app. hope it helps
droppedcrewcab   +1y
LOL @ not needing to be balanaced. They dont have to be balanced on an 18 wheeler because they weigh 80,000 lbs!!!!!! The heavy ass trucks squishes the tires down and you dont feel each indiv. wheel/tire vibrating, but put that on a dually and you will feel everything. We use the stick on wheel weights and put them on the back side of the wheel - Brent
www.brentzwheels.com
www.duallywheels.com
gmoyeshavedclean   +1y
Yea I was not talking about putting them on a semi, they are going on my dually the 22s not the 22.5.
H8MENOW   +1y
you should post app. before asking the ? it doesn't say what your putting them on. you have no pixs of this truck on your profile so next time you ask a ? be specific.
jeffrodamis   +1y
we use equal on the semis. hardly ever use steel weights, and also semi tires do need to be balanced, steers especially if you dont think so ask one of the owner operators that is in my shop everyday after replacing not so cheap front end parts and tires as a result misalignment and/or lack of balancing
droppedcrewcab   +1y
I use Equal on a daily basis. Equal won't work well on his application. Equal needs a tall sidewall and a flat footprint to work correctly. I have tried to use Equal on a 22 or 24" low profile tire and it doesnt work well at all. Its better for a commercial 19.5/22.5/24.5 tire with large sidewall - fyi - Brent
www.brentzwheels.com
www.duallywheels.com
delock   +1y
Brent

Did you get my IM about the wheels?
Page 1 of 1