Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  offset

offset

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 130
replies 5
following 4

draggin87yota   +1y
hey do yall think an +38mm offset will tuck on a 2wd 87 yota,this guy told me that he had a +35mm offset on his but they were tuner,so i dont know if it makes any diff if they are tuner or chrome rims.
dssur   +1y
need to know width. otherwise offset numbers are completely arbitrary.

offset is the amount the wheel mounting surface is "offset" from the wheel centerline. so +38 on a 7 inch wide wheel means you add an inch to the width for the beads, 8, and divide by two to get the wheel centerline, 4, and add 38mm (in inches that is 1.5) and you have a backspace of 5.5 and a frontspace of 2.5. But on a 9 inch wide wheel, add 1, 10, divide by two for the centerline, 5, add 38mm (1.5 inches) and you get a 6.5 inch backspace and a 3.5 inch frontspace. If the +38 7 inch wide wheel barely cleared the fender, the +38 9 inch wheel will stick out an inch, even though they have the same offset.

So post width when asking offset or backspace questions.
draggin87yota   +1y
damn dude at first i kinda understood but then u lost me,anyways the width is 18x7.5
Pp dakota   +1y
It will work fine in the back, but you may have to run a small spacer up front because of the brakes
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by Draggin87Yota

damn dude at first i kinda understood but then u lost me

sorry, I explained it as simply as I could... But now that you have given the width someone will be able to help you.

draggin87yota   +1y
its koo man thanx though,lol,eventually i figure it out,lol
Page 1 of 1