threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  17" eskies on a 93 Nissan HB?

17" eskies on a 93 Nissan HB?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 504
replies 13
following 8

Nissan4x293   +1y
I am just wondering what I need to modify on my truck in order to fit a set of 17" eskies on my '93 Nissan HB? Do I absolutely need 4x4 fenders? I have none on my truck right now. The front is bagged with relocated shocks and 2" belltech spindles and the rear is step notch, 4 link and bagged.

Do I need to do modifications to the wheels as well?

Mags like pictured above Can they tuck WITHOUT 4x4 fenders on my Nissan HB??

Thanks to all!!
BK2LIFE   +1y
yes bolt them on. and dont ever call them eskies again. lol
Nissan4x293   +1y
Originally posted by BK2LIFE

yes bolt them on. and dont ever call them eskies again. lol

Thanks for the information. I am surpised that it will fit perfect without the 4x4 fenders, anyone else? I trust you james (BK2LIFE)but I wanna get as much input as possible before I buy them.

It's even better news if I don't have to buy the 4x4 sheet metal

So the wheels should bolt right on and tuck without 4x4 fenders, that's way cool Any one else could confirm this?

What size low profile tires would you recommend for the wheels as well?

Thanks to all!
Nissan4x293   +1y
bump
dssur   +1y
they wont bolt on, you need to enlarge the centerbore of the wheels to the size of the nissan hub, but they will fit without 4x4 fenders.

some people suggest grinding your hubs to keep from having to modify the wheels, but just spend the 100 bucks and keep your centering tabs on the hubs and axles.
Nissan4x293   +1y
Thanks for the info Russ-D What's involved in enlarging the centerbore of the wheels?Thanks!
dssur   +1y
you can take them to a machine shop and have them done, thats what I did.

I saw a tech on nissanminis.com about using two hole saws, one the size of the current centerbore and one the size of the nissan centerbore (used together, the smaller one rides on the original centrbore and keeps the second one square. Looked like an innovative way to solve the problem but I cant say how well it works.
olskoolpup   +1y
i used the router and template method on my escalades that is posted on the nissanminis website. worked pretty well. costs about $25 if you already have a router. it'll take about 30-45 mins per wheel.

better than $150 at the machine shop around here.
olskoolpup   +1y
also, i run a 215/45 on mine. mostly b/c i drive my truck alot (pizza delivery).

lowest id run would be a 215/40, that way the tire isnt streatched on the rim. but alot of people run 205/40. its your choice
downplz   +1y
yeah i bored mine on a bluepoint at my buddys machine shop...tooke me like 10 min a wheel, lol

as for tires i ran a 205/40 i just liked the look of the tire stretched some better but its up to you