Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  Need to clean really bad wheels

Need to clean really bad wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 333
replies 12
following 7

TC29720   +1y
I brought some old KMC hellions I had behind the shop out of retirement adn they are really bad, they've started getting small rust spots all over them and the've started piting a pretty good bit also. Is there any way to bring these things half way back to life again? they are going on our shop truck so its not that big of deal, but I want them to at least have a little sparkle on them, if I can't gettem back I'm going to have them painted, whats your 2 cents on that one?
OGDOUGHBOY   +1y
theres a place here in houston that reconditions billet wheels and makes them look like new again, all depends on how bad they are and what its going to take to make them like new but the prices very from 50 bucks a wheels to 150 bucks a wheel. i had them do one of my boyds and i couldnt tell which one they fixed and polished and which ones were untouched
TC29720   +1y
These are chrome though, plus Houstons a bit far fo me to send them, If I can't get them done around here or decide not to get them painted, I'll probably junkem' they are pretty bad messed up. thanks for the input though, can you give me the name of the place and I'll checkem out
TwisTedAlienEKS   +1y
mike were at bro
SilverIce02   +1y
try OOOO steel wool with chrome polish that should clean them write up
FADE2BLK94   +1y
"0000" superfine steel wool, best chrome cleaner ever!! Will remove your rust spots too.
TC29720   +1y
Damn, forgot about the wool, thanks guys I'll try it
bodydropped85   +1y
use an S0S pad then use the steel wool then hit it w/a mothers power ball and some chrome polish, would prob look new.
TwisTedAlienEKS   +1y
there is a guy in houston that does it to i need to find him
DougyFrisch   +1y
^^^ Ditto, Where is this guy in houston? When i get my truck down here my wheels are going to need some good cleaning. Been sittin outside and not cleaned for the past year or so. they need some help, really bad