Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  Chroming???

Chroming???

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 241
replies 10
following 6

LiL bLaZe   +1y
a friend of mine wants to sell me some nice 18's at a great price but the problem is they have been wrecked, i checked them to see if they were running true and so did the local wheel shop. So that im not worried about, but there is a big gash out of one of them and i was wondering, If i sent them off to be re-chromed can they (the chromers) fill in that gash? If so, does anyone know who does good work in TN? Prices
LiL bLaZe   +1y
hELP, PLEASE!?
scottpow   +1y
Advanced Plating in Nashville does an awesome job probably one of the best places in the country. Just be prepared for a price that will knock your socks off.

Originally posted by LiL bLaZe

a friend of mine wants to sell me some nice 18

bcroller   +1y
ive seen a wheel repair shop fix a wheel with a hole the brake caliper went through, im sure a gash would be a walk in th park
LiL bLaZe   +1y
Okay i didn't know never had anything chromed before, always painted.
TC29720   +1y
Does anyone know what re-chroming a set of wheels may cost? We've got a chromer here, but they are expensive as hell so I know I could easily buy a set of wheels for what they will want to re do them for, if anyone has any other places let me know also, I will be willing to ship them if I can find a place thats cheaper than our local shop
LiL bLaZe   +1y
^^^^^ yeah i would like to know as well, cuz i aint buyin them if ima have to pay an arm and a leg to get it chromed
Low_SST   +1y
it will most definately be an arm and a leg. 800 and higher up here for all 4.
TC29720   +1y
I took mine over to our guys today and they wanted 1500 to re-do them, and they're not really all that bad off, they sat outside behind the shop for about 3 years and started pitting, you really can't tell till you get up on them, I think I might just roll them on the shop truck, they'll probably get messed up more anyway
Lockone   +1y
Advanced Plating is going to be well over 300 a wheel