Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  What offset?

What offset?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 103
replies 3
following 3

drgndly   +1y
Hey guys. I ordered 18x8.5 zinik mazottis which the guy told me would fit right in the stock location. They wouldnt stick out past where the factories did. Those had a +15 offset and they stick out like a inch of in n half. So do i need more offset or less on a RWD wheel? I thought i had it figured out but everyone is telling me somthing different. Thanks
dssur   +1y
more offset, 1 inch = ~25mm

for a mightly max you need FWD offset wheels. on an 8.5 inch wide wheel you would want 7 inches of backspace or +57mm offset.

This corroborates what you noticed, if they are +15 and stick out an inch and a half, 1.5 inches is 38mm, + the +15 you already have, equals around +53 to tuck...

Good luck. I havent seen anyone besides the billet companies make a 6 lug rim that will tuck or have anywhere close to FWD offset.
jmurphy   +1y
On my Mitsu I am running a 20x7.5 with +45 and they tuck. 8.5 rim have fun! You will need a FWD offset
drgndly   +1y
alrite so should i just look for some wheels that arent as wide? I dont know im having a lot of trouble finding anything that will fit this thing and i want to figure out what i need before i order wheels again. Some people said a 25 off set would work but i didnt think that would be enough. Then the other guy at a place up here said i would need like a zero offset. And just so much shit has been goin on latelt i cant concentrate enough to figure it out.
Page 1 of 1