Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Tire Problem

Tire Problem

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 128
replies 6
following 6

juice7   +1y
Ok I get in the Grand am and take it for a spin and was going to my moms house and it started shaking so i figured tire was low again (put some air in it the last time i drove it) so I stop and look and it is fine. I continue to drive it get on the interstate doing 50 and it it is shaking like dam crazy, so finally I pull over at the next exit and look at it raise the car up and see that the inner side of the itre looks funny soI decide to go back roads to dads and just go bout 30, get bout mile and have to stop. I pull over in a subdivision, call dad and tell him that he is going to have to bring me a spare,I look at the inner tire and it the weirdest thing ever that i have seen a tire dothe whole inner side of it bubbled about 3/4 of the way round, it was so big that it hit the fender, well he brings me two the lil one and a factory, at first we put the little one on and take off then guess what it flat so finally we put the factory one on and finally get the dang thing home. Had to share my wonderful tire story with you all. Have any of you all ever had a tire do that. Get a big bubble and pretty much swell.
s10bd   +1y
They bubble up like that when you hit a curb pretty good. Happened to me before. But I don't know how it would bubble up in the inside.
juice7   +1y
man sad part is i havent hit anything, so i dunno
MRCO   +1y
separated belt. happens a crap ton. iv had a couple myself.
zxhardbody   +1y
sounds like you ran it on low air pressure and it caused a separation by cutting the inner side wall cords this doesn't happen all at once it could have started a few days or weeks before it got really bad
detached   +1y
also it happens when the tires are kinda old. they swell with the moister they collect during the winter & the expand causing bubbles least thats what a tire shop told me by the way you got lucky it didnt pop they usally pop rather quickly when driven on like that
Lockone   +1y
If you run it on low psi and drive it around like you said and then put air in it, it will cause the knots on the sides of the tires due to the broken cords on the sidewall of the tire.
Page 1 of 1