Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Mazda - Toyota Axle Widths

Mazda - Toyota Axle Widths

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 181
replies 7
following 4

BaggedMazda87   +1y

Okay, as of right now i have Navi wheels, which have 44mm offset.
I also have a stock mazda rear axle right now but i'm switching to a yota rear end.
I was wondering is the yota rear axle narrower?
And if so, how does the inches/mm convert?
Like, my wheels tuck good in the back now, say the yota rear end is 2" narrower, would a 35mm+ offset wheel tuck or not?
I think i need Russ for this on!
But if anyone knows specs on the yota or maz rear axlw width that would help, thanks
flameds10(tyler)   +1y
i don't think so man, toyota axle gives u a little more room but not that much, i think its like 1/2 inch a side or so not 100% sure, but the good thing with the toy axle is its 5 bolt so you will have a bigger selection of +45 offset wheels
dssur   +1y
+35mm offset, what width?

+44mm offset,what width?

Gotta know width before offset means anything. Because a +35 offset 17x7 will tuck on a mazda rearend (yes, I know you are switching to a toy rear, this is just an example), but a +35 offset 17x8 wont. See?
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Oh yeah duh, sorry44mm Navi's are 8" wide35mm are 8.5" wideI guess i answered my own question huh?...:/ dang...Is any yota rears narrower?
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Originally posted by minimazda5

yes yota rearened are narrower, this is something alot of people dont think about... sorry though i cannot give you exact measurements just know that a +45mm offset wheel on a toyota rearend will hit the stock mazda frame...so the best thing to do would be a narrowed rear clip and the 5 lug convo, and you'll be tuckin like a mofo then!

Well i am backhalfing it, so thats not an issue, but it's not exactly the desire of my heart to have my wheel stick 5" inside of my bedside...I'm jus trying to order wheels for the front of my truck for now and since i want them to match i need to know what will work on the back...All i need to know is will a 35mm offset, 8.5" wide wheel tuck on a mazda bed with a yota axle?...they will have to tuck up to the narrow part of the bed, up at the top(obviously not INSIDE the rail)Thanks for the help guys, keep it comin
Dragthatchit   +1y
try an s-10 rearend, cheap nad plentiful!?!
BaggedMazda87   +1y
Originally posted by Dragthatchit

try an s-10 rearend, cheap nad plentiful!?!

Well, that might be an option if S10's weren't 5 on 5" or if i hadn't already had mine drilled to 5 on 4.5"Thanks tho bro, good thought
BaggedMazda87   +1y
So uh, anyone know if a 8.5" wide wheel with 35mm offset will tuck on a toyota axle under a mazda bed up to the upper bodyline??Thats all i really need to know...
Page 1 of 1