Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  the right offset

the right offset

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 100
replies 3
following 2

nvrhapy   +1y
i got these wheels lined up for my 92 dodge dakota there 18's with a 20mm offset. the guy at the wheel shop is telling me they should tuck, but i thought you needed like a 35mm offset for these trucks. can somebody varify this for me i really like the wheels but i don't want to be stuck with something that don't tuck!!!!!
nvrhapy   +1y
nobody has a clue of what offset will work????
dssur   +1y
Offset is measured from the centerline of the wheel, so quoting offsets without telling anyone the width of the wheel is useless.

For example, IF (this is only an example) a +35mm offset 8 inch wide wheel tucks, a +35mm offset 9 inch wide wheel would NOT. Same offset, different width, different fit.

SO

when you ask about offset, include the width. If you are looking at +20mm offset, how wide is the wheel? If you think you need +35mm offset, how wide was that wheel?

And because I dont believe in pointing out the problem without also suggesting a solution (something I wish more people believed), if someone posts the offset and width they KNOW without a doubt fits a 92 dakota, I will transpose that number to any width you are curious about.
nvrhapy   +1y
okay i found another wheel its a 18x8 with a +40mm offset this should work right.
Page 1 of 1