threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  88-98 with 22s tire size?

88-98 with 22s tire size?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 389
replies 18
following 12

chevygurly   +1y
what are you guys running as far as tires with an 88-98 bagged with 22s? im buying 22s next week and just wondering what others are running as far as tires..so far ive been told to go with 245/30,but when i search that size only like Hankook and Perlii (spelling) come up with a $800 price tag.
OGDOUGHBOY   +1y
you could do the nitto 255-30-22 its a little cheaper i think. im pretty sure most people run the 265-35 cause there cheaper but i could be wrong
chevygurly   +1y
thanks mike!!!
lo75lux   +1y
my bro runs 265/35/22,the Wanli brand
chevygurly   +1y
Originally posted by lo82dime

my bro runs 265/35/22,the Wanli brand

thanks...i just found that brand on ebay..decent price..rides pretty good with that size???
lo75lux   +1y
yea,everyone says there a hard compound tire,but they ride pretty smooth and absorb alot of road bumps
chevygurly   +1y
i live in cali..and i swear we have the worse roads lol...thanks for your help chris!
OGDOUGHBOY   +1y
be careflull with the wanli, they tend to wear out fast and the side walls will bubble, not sure if its the load capacity that does it or there just a cheap tire but i have seen it happen alot. if its only a metter of 15 to 30 bucks a tire go with a trusted brand like nitto pirelli bfg goodyear and so on and so on

your 265-35 is going to ride a little better because of the larger side wall compaired to the 255-30 also the load capacity is greater too so your tire pressure will be lower for your aplication and give a softer ride

ebay has some good deals on tires and sometimes www.discounttiredirect.com has some really good specials, just search for the size you are looking for
layin93   +1y
i am running a 265/35 hankook and i like it and they weren't too pricey either
chevygurly   +1y
mike..thanks dude again!! if its just a few bucks different i would go with name brand...i had wanli on my s10..but i didnt put enough miles on them to see if I truly liked them....but thanks for the heads up...i have a feeling the local tire shops i get deals from will try to sell me that brand again