Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  bias style tire\

bias style tire\

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 128
replies 5
following 5

no1lowr   +1y
hey i have 2 radila and 2 bias tires on my 69 deville, should i run the biaas out back or in front, and the radials in rear or front, im getting swaying from the rear thats where the bias are now, i was told to run em in front but not sure if thats correect. thanks./
Jamey   +1y
Put the Bias in the front... but your probly ganna get alot of over steer in the front though.... Thats just how those old style tires are...
time1   +1y
Why not buy some new radial tires for all 4 corners?

Bias plys belong on 4x4's
cookiemonster13   +1y
sorry to change what someone told you but rule number 1 is no running bias plys and radials. one or the other. it is very dangerous to run both types. call cokertires.com and they will tell you. it is a rule of thumb that i learned from building hot rods a long time ago.
no1lowr   +1y
thanks cookie, appreciated, they are temporary until after she gets bagged but they will be swapped out for those ww radials fo sho/
NRChopShop   +1y
youre gonna get sway out of a bias ply tire no matter where you put them. They wander, they track, they pull, they jerk....but theyre fun as fuck opn a back road. Its the nature of the tires and the way they are built. The fact that your caddy weighs some where in the range of "heavy as fuck" and has soft suspension to begin with adds to you problem. plus whay cookie saud...mixing bias and radial can cause problems with one end of the car not reacting in conjunction with the other
Page 1 of 1