Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Storing Rims

Storing Rims

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 173
replies 5
following 5

Pelphrey   +1y
I have a set of 20'' Panther Juice and need comments on this. I decided to go ahead and take them off my blazer and put my stock wheels back on. I washed them, then brought them into my basement. We had carpet installed a few weeks back and they left some foam cushion here so I kept it thinking it could be used for something. So I cut sections of it to fit the rim and placed a piece in the middle of ech rim since the lips on this rims would hit if I placed them on each other.

Anyone think its a bad idea to use that foam? I just don't want foam to be stuck to the rims when I decide to put them back on in the fall.

Here is a picture. And I'll beat you to it. We had carpet replaced upstairs not down here. So don't say it looks like they didn't finish the job. They did!

SuperCharged6MT   +1y
why would it b bad to use foam?
fatboysS1O   +1y
well if u are worried about the foam and cant think of anywhere else to store the rims,let me know ill store them on my truck for you!
ProHopper   +1y
Give me your address and I will tell you wether or not the foam will matter. you said they are in the basement right LOL J/K

Nah man I dont think it will bother the chrome or anything as long as they didnt have any type of solvent or spray shine that stuff might be able to counteract on the foam but I think it would be fine if they were real clean.
brammerbull   +1y
I wouldnt put anything between them due to the lack of air getting in and out! Also moisture in the air would soak into the pad and if u had steel wheels they well rust! I store all my wheels two different sets stacked on top each other with nothing in between oustide!
Pelphrey   +1y
HAHA...Thanks guys. I think they are good in my basemet. I might ut them on the knight rider car to the right in the pictures. HAHA..

I just cleaned them with soap and water. Then let them dry a litle then dried the rest by hand. I'll check them in a month or so just to make sure. Thanks for all the helpful replies. And thanks offering to use them.HAHA
Page 1 of 1