threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  Duallies w/ Semi wheels?

Duallies w/ Semi wheels?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 3499
replies 14
following 14

okcderek   +1y
I have seen a few duallies with steel semi wheels w/ low profile tires. I want to know how they are doin that without having to shave the wheel down...since the wheels are steel instead of alluminum. The reason I ask is I am looking for an 88 body style dually and want to put semi wheels on it....and have a set of steel wheels I can pic up for free. Also want to know what wheel to run on inside in rear? And what size tire to run...265/35/33 or what?
BK2LIFE   +1y
i know they are milling the aluminum wheels. semi' are 22.5's and you need 22.0 so off comes .250 off the wheel, which in turn will make a 22 wheel.
robles228   +1y
check out www.cwdima.com
okcderek   +1y
Originally posted by BK2LIFE

i know they are milling the aluminum wheels. semi' are 22.5's and you need 22.0 so off comes .250 off the wheel, which in turn will make a 22 wheel.

Yeah....I know they have to shave down alluminum wheels...but I have seen some duallies running the STEEL semi wheels and was wanting to know how they are pulling that off?

SSM-Webmaster   +1y
Hey man check out www.DuallyScene.com

79squarebody   +1y
check out www.cwdima.com or www.chromewheel.com..I prefer my man dima i bought mine from him and he is cool...
jcampbell1180   +1y
Way to rep, Baha!

Yeah, got to www.duallyscene.com and talk to Lock.

Basically, steel wheels that have been milled down = danger.

It's bad news.
mmautoworks   +1y
HEY MAN I TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE WITH THEM AND THEY ARE JUST PUTTING THEM STRAIGHT ON THE RIM NO MACHINE WORK NO SPECIAL TIRES ON THE STEEL SEMI WHEELS THERE WAS EVEN A DUALLY WAGON AT GREENVILLE RUNNING THEM
jcampbell1180   +1y
^^^That's just asking for tire failure.^^^
rolnlow   +1y
yeah my buddy put the wheels straight on with a 22" tire, he was going to do 24's his shop couldn't get the 24" tire to give enough