Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Powder coating

Powder coating

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 87
replies 4
following 5

crxfreak   +1y
my wheels have just been recovered after being stolen and spray painted black. i want to know about how much it cost to have them powder coated. i hear its the best way to go. they are 17"s.
gravity5   +1y
you can just base clear them if you want too...and companies like alsa and HOK make really killer chrome paints taht if you layer them on light, will look like black chrome.
TwistedMinis   +1y
In general its about $2-300 for a set around here. But the best way to find out is to call the places that are near you.
detached   +1y
dont know where you are. but theres a place near me that 3-4 years ago did powder coat on some 17s, they sand blasted and powder coated them for 125$ i sold them to a buddy shortly afterwards and he then sold them well i seen them again the other day they still look damn good besides being curbed now...
pcmodeler   +1y
I've typically found them to be $75 a wheel. You might also need to check with what is expected of you from the vendor. For example, I had some rims powder coated a number of years ago. He said they would strip the old powder coat first. I don't think they did and one rim started getting bubbles under the powder coat. I just had my motorcycle rims and swing arm done a few months ago and they required that I have the old powder coating stripped. They were still going to bead blast, but primarily to clean/finish prior to powder coating. Luckily, the rims were already bare silver. Also, with powder coating, the cheapest vendor isn't always the best way to go. You get what you pay for, but don't pay more than $75 a wheel.
Page 1 of 1