Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  18X8 WHEEL OFFSET

18X8 WHEEL OFFSET

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 140
replies 4
following 2

LndRanger86   +1y
I'M LOOKING AT A SET OF WHEELS FOR MY 96 NISSAN,AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT OFFSET WOULD BE BEST FOR THEM TO TUCK/NOT HIT? THE GUY SAID THEY COME WITH A STANDARD OFFSET FOR MY APPLICATION.NOT SURE WHAT THEY MEAN!ALSO IS THE BACKSPACING THE SAME? WHAT SHOULD I KNOW TO GET THE RIGHT ONES?
dssur   +1y
you will need +45 at least, and std offset is usually +15. Backspacing would need about 6 inches. They dont make a lot of wheels that tuck on a nissan (especially the back, you can tuck some pretty nasty offset wheels on the front with camber) and fit 6 lug, now you know why everyone redrills because there are a shitload of high offset 5 lug wheels.
LndRanger86   +1y
WOULD IT BE THE SAME ON A 17" WHEEL ALSO?
LndRanger86   +1y
bump. looking for more opinions.
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by LndRanger86

WOULD IT BE THE SAME ON A 17" WHEEL ALSO?

if its a 17x8, yes you will still need +45, if its narrower, like a 17x7, then no, you can use a +35. Wheel width is what determines offset, not diameter. You will not tuck a +12mm standard offset on a nissan till you get to around a 5 inch wide wheel.

Sorry, I know you are looking for someone to say that a std offset will tuck on a nissan, but it wont, unless you drastically change the suspension, like narrow the frontend and rear axle, or use a scissor jack to spread your bedsides out a bit.
Page 1 of 1