Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  I need help with offset on a honda hatchback..quick

I need help with offset on a honda hatchback..quick

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 121
replies 7
following 6

sjudd86   +1y
Im putting 18's and 20's on a 96 civic hatchback and need to know if a 7.5", 20" wheels with a +45mm offset will tuck on his car.. if not what offset am I gonna need to tuck the 20?
sjudd86   +1y
bump
JFcustoms   +1y
take a wheel off and measure what it should be if u want a fast answer
sandog   +1y
plus 45 is a pretty high offset, and I dont think you can get much higher for that car. You should be fine, but you better wait until some of the Honda guys chime in.
sjudd86   +1y
theres always gonna be one jackass that wants to get smart with everybody.. dont you think if i knew how to measure it I wouldnt have asked. but thanks jason for your answer.. im pretty sure it will fit too, but i just wanted to verify with the honda guys before we order it.. thanks jason.. anybody else wanna throw in there constructive 2 cents
pearldrop   +1y
I tried a set of +45 20x7.5s with 225/35/20s on the back of my Accord wagon and they came nowhere near tucking. There might have been a better chance without a camber kit but I doubt it. The tire stuck out past the fender about an inch.

dssur   +1y
put the car on jackstands and remove the wheels. Doing one corner at a time:

Use a jack to compress the suspension to ride height.

tie a bolt to a string and tape it inside the fender edge. Measure from the string to the mounting surface of the hub using a square (its a right angle straightedge)

Do the same for each corner.

For the fronts and rears, make sure the measurements are close, this will tell you if you boogered the measurement or one fender is closer to the rim than another.

Take the SMALLEST meaurement of all 4. This is your "frontspacing", the maximum distance from the mounting surface to the rim edge that wont hit the fender.

To get backspacing, take the width wheel you are looking at (in this case 7.5) add an inch for the beads (8.5) and subtract the frontspace. this gives you backspace.

to get offset from backspace, take the wheel width, add an inch for the beads, divide by two (in this case 4.25). Then subtract that number from the backspace. This is offset in inches. To get mm, multiply the offset in inches by 25.4, and you have offset in mm, the minimum that will tuck.
outkastdawg   +1y
ive got the same combo on my civic 18x7.5 and 20x7.5 with i think a 40+ offset and they tuck with no problems at all
Page 1 of 1