threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  16" Centerline CALIFORNIA SERIES - SMOOTHIE on a '93 Nissan HB?

16" Centerline CALIFORNIA SERIES - SMOOTHIE on a '93 Nissan HB?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 265
replies 3
following 3

Nissan4x293   +1y
I like the Centerline CALIFORNIA SERIES - SMOOTHIE.

I have a '93 Nissan HB single cab without 4x4 fenders and I am thinking about getting a set of 16" The specs. on the Centerline web site are: 16.0 x 8.0, back-space 5.0" with bolt circle 6-5.5" Does anyone know if they will fit without the 4x4 fenders?!?!
dssur   +1y
I doubt they would fit even with 4x4 front fenders. Well, the front maybe from camber would likely fit, but the back, no way.

You need about 37mm offset on a 8 inch wide wheel to tuck on a Nissan. The specs you gave are 8 inches wide with 5 inches bs. To get offset from backspace you just do the math. Offset is measured from the center of the rim, backspace from the back.

First understand that an 8 inch wide wheel is actually 9 inches wide from bead to bead, the mounting bead adds 1/2 inch to each side.

Next, find the cenerline of the wheel by dividing the width in two. 9/2=4.5

Backspacing can be thought of as half the rim width + offset. So to find offset, take backspacing and subtract half the width. 5 bs - 4.5 = .5 offset.

to convert inches offset to mm offset, you will need to multiply by 25.4 since there are that many mm in an inch. .5 x 25.4 = 12.7mm offset. we'll say 13mm to keep it simple.

Now, you HAVE 13mm offset, you NEED 39, so doing a little more math, 37-13= 24 divide by 25.4 and your new wheels will stick out roughly an inch past the fenders in the rear.

13 mm is what the industry calls "std offset". No std offset wheel will fit a Nissan or really any 6 lug import truck.

You can get a narrower rear axle from a courier, it will be six lug and give you more tucking room in the back, and the front may just camber in using 4x4 fenders.
Nissan4x293   +1y
Thank you very much for all the information Russ-D. It is much appreciated!
dssur   +1y
no problem, if you ever need help with offsets or backspace dont be afraid to ask.
Page 1 of 1