Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  water spots on billet wheels

water spots on billet wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 774
replies 9
following 7

CHOSN1   +1y
about a couple weeks ago i washed my intro billet wheels. I left them overnight to dry. I must mention that our water has some kind of minerals or something in it because after washing the rims, the rim was covered in water marks the next morning. i tried rewashing them but spots still on them. I was told to polish them. I did but it seemed like it didn't help at all. I polished a second time using mothers billet polish and it did get a little better but still bad. So, is there anything I can do to get the spots off or do i just have to keep polishing. Is there a billet cleaner that i can use or something to get spots off?
SUBLOW   +1y
Use a Mothers power ball and some polish and get to work. I have some beat ass alum rims that looked gray, now im a big baller!
chevyman992002   +1y
what about a mothers powerball with the billet polish on it?
CHOSN1   +1y
hmmm.. probably should have picked up the powerball when i was at oreileys.
GoodLow123   +1y
I get the same kinda crappy water spots on my chrome rims all the time..... Sucks!!
VtecCrx   +1y
If you want to get waterspots off chrome, use a product called blue job. Works great for polishing chrome and getting rid of waterspots. It also will take discoloration off chrome (headers and what not)
mazrod   +1y
Ken and GoodLow123.

A 50/50 mix of vinegar and water will do the trick. Let me know how it turns out, my Grandpa told me a few years back it does work. Done it since the 50's he says.

Here is some Wheel knowledge.

KY Jelly around the lip of the rim and tire and valve stem (helps prevent dry rott)

WD40 is good for storing you're wheels in the winter (dont wipe it off, will work if you drive it to, helps prevent rusting)

Car Wax also works, helps prevent water marks (helpful at shows, if it rains)

Hope This helps out, let me know !
SHOWTIME   +1y
the moters power ball and polish or if you want to spend a few hours polishing them by hand a product call never dull its a kinda cotton ball with some kick ass power i did a couple of years ago on some old rims and they looked preety good when i was done
CHOSN1   +1y
i tried the 50/50 vinegar water thing and nothing. So i went out and bought the mini powerball and it is working good so far. It is cutting down on polishing time also. So I would recommend the powerball just like few of you already have
GoodLow123   +1y
Yea, the Never Dull stuff is pretty rough, I usually use that stuff whenever they're dirty. Takes FOREVER though. Hahaha Never heard of Blue Job, I'll have to check that out.
Page 1 of 1