Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  dodge ram gas tank

dodge ram gas tank

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1002
replies 15
following 9

spitfire062   +1y
im gettin ready to bag my o3 ram just wondering what everyone else has done about their gas tanks? i dont wanna run a fuel cell and im thinkin bout buildin my own tank any suggestions would be appreciated!
bigjon   +1y
For the moment i got the stock one in the bed but I'm building one to sit right behind the axle!
spitfire062   +1y
with it in the bed did you have to extend any wireing or fuel lines? mine drags like crazy and if i dont do something soon im gonna drag through it
thacru78   +1y
I built a fuel cell out of 16ga and used the stock sending unit. Total cell cost me less than $75. Coated the inside with Por-15. Never had any problems at all out of it. All the stock gauge and console info worked great.

Here's a reason why you shouldn't drag your gas tank. I would rather it look bad in the bed that this to happen.

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Forum/topic.aspx?method=reply&topic_id=89507&forum_id=14&forum_title=&M=False&S=True
post photo
post photo
thacru78   +1y
You have to extend 4 wires and the lines. Go to autozone and ask for 5/16 fuel injected fuel line. Don't get regular line and can't hold up to the pressure. Get about 5 feet just to be safe. It will slide over the stock fuel lines and then clamp snug. Don't clamp to much or it will leak. Don't use barbs either, they will never seal up.
spitfire062   +1y
bad ass man thanks alot for the help!
standardbyker88   +1y
maybe use a 80s ramcharger tank. they sit between the rails behind the axle.
spitfire062   +1y
hey big what r the measurments on your tank? it would be alot easier to build it then pull my bed and install then to pull it then measure and all that
weave   +1y
Originally posted by standardbyker88

maybe use a 80s ramcharger tank. they sit between the rails behind the axle.If you could find one, the sending unit and fuel pump would still be different
loudciv   +1y
Originally posted by thacru78

You have to extend 4 wires and the lines. Go to autozone and ask for 5/16 fuel injected fuel line. Don't get regular line and can't hold up to the pressure. Get about 5 feet just to be safe. It will slide over the stock fuel lines and then clamp snug. Don't clamp to much or it will leak. Don't use barbs either, they will never seal up.

napa has fittings to slide right on to the factory sending unit & you can just replace the whole line instead of splicing in.