threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  How much air pressure to run with negative camber?

How much air pressure to run with negative camber?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 149
replies 6
following 6

Layumon22s   +1y
Edited: 7/23/2007 1:09:57 PM by Layumon22s

I've got a slight amount of negative camber up front when my truck is at ride height and was wondering what tire pressure would be good to slightly help with quick wear and tear that will occur on my tires. I was thinking that running them a little high, like 37 psi ish would be better because it will swell the tire in the center? thanks ahead of time
thacru78   +1y
No matter what pressure you run, you'll still eat up tires. Why not just get it aligned at ride height. Eventually riden low is gonna start costing alot of money, going through tires like that.
Layumon22s   +1y
due to the offset on my wheels it's basically impossible to get it where there is no camber at ride height and it tucks in enough to clear the fender well on the cycle down. and i can eat up a lot of tires before i can afford billet wheels since i drive maybe 4k miles a year.
bbb   +1y
But when you ride with neg. cam its alot easyer to bend billet. I speak from experience. Boyd made alot of money of me.
hitncry   +1y
anyone know if those tires that used to be on the back cover of mini truckin that were designed for negitive camber really work? They had a thicker compound on the inner side of the tire.

HERE

creative concepts   +1y
camber isnt what eats tires, is your toe.. if your toe is good, then you'll get decent life out of your tire, it will just only be on whatever portion is touching.
bbb   +1y
Yeah if your toe is off your basiclly draggin your tires instead of rolling smooth. they cut my tie rod end to fix that.
Page 1 of 1