threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  5x114.3 and 5x115.. Different Pattern?

5x114.3 and 5x115.. Different Pattern?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 39654
replies 9
following 9

shortrodeo   +1y
I know its a dumb question obviously the numbers are different. 5x114.3 being toyota Mustang type pattern, and the 5x115 is a newer Chevy Impala pattern. So beofre i reply to my Craigslist postin i just want to verify that my 5x114.3 wheels will or will not fit on a 5x115 chevy impala.

Thanks
TwistedMinis   +1y
They both come up as 4.5 inches on an inch/mm conversion chart.
pearldrop   +1y
They work just fine. I had them on my Cadillac STS with no problem at all. I did hear that putting 5x114.3 wheel on a 5x115 pattern is okay, but the other way around might cause some shaking.

But I never had a single problem at all.

Low_SST   +1y
that .7mm accounts for a .026" difference on the diameter on the pattern. I drive a chrysler 300 and the pattern on that is 115 and what people who run 4.5 have found is that sometimes they get vibrations from the wheel. I have heard that running hub centric rings helps with this. This is just my 2c
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
ive got a magnum i want to put some wheels on, but they are the 4.5 pattern.....

ware can i get those hubcentric rings at?
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by Chopped Mazda

ive got a magnum i want to put some wheels on, but they are the 4.5 pattern.....

ware can i get those hubcentric rings at?

Pretty much any tire shop should have them in stock.
drgnaccordwgn   +1y
ok here is the deal. the 114.3 wheel going on the 115 car = when the lug nuts are tightened will bend the studs in toward the center a slight bit. and vice versa.
now if the wheels are drilled with a 14mm hole for each stud then it will definatly need hub rings. same for the 300 applications except that the 300's have 14mm studs so the wheels get drilled at like 15 or 16mm. so hub rings are necessary.
so in conclusion YES the wheels will work. and tell whomever is buying the wheels that you are not responsible for vibration caused by the hub rings or bolt pattern difference.

my 2 cents... ok make it a quarter.
TravisDTD   +1y
Your asking for a lawsuit if one of those bent studs breaks off on the freeway and a wheel comes loose, honestly not worth it if you ask me, use the correct bolt pattern.
berg81   +1y
what is the correct backspacing for the rear wheels drive 300??
bunkered13   +1y
my grand am has the 5x115 bolt pattern with 114.3 rims on it for about 3 years now. no shake or broken wheelstuds. a tire shop should not put the wrong size wheels on a car because they can catch a case real fast if anything happens.
Page 1 of 1