threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Backspacing For S10 I Need Help ASAP!!!

Backspacing For S10 I Need Help ASAP!!!

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2269
replies 7
following 4

xdewaynex   +1y
hey guys im wanting to find an answer for this. ive asked the same question on 2 other forums and still havent gotten a clear answer.

im eyeing the centerline smoothies for my bagged 98 dime. 18x8 w/ 5.0" backspacing for the front and 20x8.5 w/ 5.4" backspacing. im wanting to know if this will bolt right up w/ out rubbing issues or will i need to run spacers. if so what size?
sirbodydragger   +1y
the 5in will work but theyre gonna be tucked up really far you could use a 1/4 space & e/t lugs to help & the 4.5 is perfect
xdewaynex   +1y
so a 1/4" spacer would work for the front? what about the 5.4" bs for the rear, would that be too much or would i need to run a spacer there?
travis98s10   +1y
+10 to +20 will tuck fine on an S10 with an 8-8.5" wide rim with no spacers
xdewaynex   +1y
Originally posted by travis98s10

+10 to +20 will tuck fine on an S10 with an 8-8.5" wide rim with no spacers

i have no idea what that means. this is the first set of wheels ill be buying and i dont know much about the backspacing/offset. hell i have trouble w/ tire sizing as well.
sirbodydragger   +1y
yeh 4.5 back space is perfect front & rear.is the truck getting channeled or just bags ? you can run 225/40-18 in the front & 245/35-20 in the rear should look pretty good if its not channeled
xdewaynex   +1y
4.5" isnt available for those wheels, only 5" for the 18x8 and 5.4" for the 20x8.5. the truck is already bagged on all 4 corners.
xdewaynex   +1y
i was just told that sometimes its a hit or miss w/ the wheels on s10s. some have zero problems w/ the 5"bs in front and some dont clear the tie rod ends, so a 1/4" spacer would do the trick to clear. the rear could possibly use an 1/8" or 1/4" spacer as well.

Page 1 of 1