Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  SHAVING /BORING A RIM

SHAVING /BORING A RIM

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 156
replies 7
following 6

LndRanger86   +1y
I'VE CHECKED LOCALLY AND NOBODY SEAMS TO KNOW WHAT IT IS I'M ASKING. I'M TRYING TO PUT SOME 18" TITAN WHEELS ON MY HARDBODY BUT THEY NEED TO BE SHAVED/BORED A LITTLE.WHAT AND WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES YOU GUYS HAVE HAD THIS DONE BEFORE? THANKS
bdroppeddak   +1y
Edited: 9/25/2007 7:08:58 PM by bdroppeddak

a machine shop, might have to bring it to them and show em... bring them a hub and a wheel or all of them and tell them you need the center of the wheel to fit over the center of the hub...
smctoy   +1y
Ive had a set of rims bored out once & I just took them to a local machine shop. If you find a shop that has been around for awhile then they should know what your talking about & be able to help you.
low f350   +1y
You can do it yourself with a router. The wheels are stud centric so it does not have to be perfect. I did it on qx56 wheels for my frontier and they mounted perfect. Check out Nissancustoms.com, in the rim section, for instructions and a video.
LndRanger86   +1y
THANKS. THE LOCAL SHOPS I CALLED JUST SAID THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I WANTED AND THEY PROBABLY COULDN'T DO IT.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
Any wheel repair shop should be able to handle it. I had all 4 of my Z71 wheels done for my mazda for like $60 total including remounting and balancing tires.
LndRanger86   +1y
cool, thanks
1twztdwagon   +1y
on the titan wheels make sure you dont go all the way thru neither .. its easy i did my 07 escalades in about an hr an half .. i suggest watching the vid it helped alot ..
Page 1 of 1