Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  dropping chevy

dropping chevy

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 462
replies 10
following 6

Wild_bill22   +1y
I have a 00 chevy silverado with 305/40R22. Will i be able to lay it or do i need smaller tires.
twistedsdime   +1y
Of course. Is the question do I need to do any cutting? If so then another ...of course.
Wild_bill22   +1y
Yea i knew i would need to cut the finder wells and knotch the fram i just did know if the tires stuck out to much to fit under the wells.thanks for the info.
splitdecision   +1y
Even with smaller tires you will have to do some cutting in the fenders and probably in the bed also.
splitdecision   +1y
damn sorry you had replied before I got mine in.
Wild_bill22   +1y
its cool.
twistedsdime   +1y
Edited: 10/2/2007 2:37:01 PM by twistedsdime

Well then wild thats a completely different question. That all depends mainly on your offset of your rim. But you'll probably be fine any ways. You can have a huge offset and a small offset and still have the same tire size so that doesn't effect weather the truck will lay or not.
Wild_bill22   +1y
the rims are 22x9.5
twistedsdime   +1y
Ok I guess I'll say it once more. Its your offset that will determine if they will tuck fine or not. Read this thread to better help you determine what your offset is:

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic.aspx?method=reply&topic_id=57855&forum_id=18&forum_title=&M=False&S=True
Wild_bill22   +1y
ok thanks. sorry as you can tell i am new to all this.