Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Re- drilling wheels

Re- drilling wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 110
replies 3
following 3

HockeyGod37   +1y
Can you re-drill any set of wheels to mount on any kind of patten? Or are there always come kind of adapter that will work???? I am getting a set of 22s for my taco but they are not a taco pattern, so can i have them re-drilled to fit my pattern??

dssur   +1y
redrilling is pretty expensive, especially if it has hollows on the mounting surface between the lug holes, because then they have to be filled (tig welded) and drilled.

adapters can work, but they are a minimum of 1.3 inches thick. So if the wheels are the right offset right now, they will stic out an extra 1.3 inches.

Redrilling the hubs and axles to matc the pattern in the wheels is a much better option. Call mike brott (TRIKBLUE86) or john (laynrockers) and they will hook you up. The best part of doing the hubs and axles is, if you ever want to go back to stock you just buy some used hubs and axles. I had mike do an extra set so that I could keep driving around and would always be able to go back.
HockeyGod37   +1y
thanks.. never though about changing the hubs and axles, but makes pleny of sense..
gravity5   +1y
Make sure to get hubcentric rings machined up or the hubs machined down, wither way.
Page 1 of 1