threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  wheel adapters. anybody have any trouble with them?

wheel adapters. anybody have any trouble with them?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 567
replies 10
following 10

pootytang   +1y
i am looking at gettin some adapters to put some front wheel drive 20's i got onto my blazer. they have two bolt patterns, neither of which are for an s10. but there is enough offset to get adapters but i never used them before, can you trust them. they don't appear to be that tough, i saw some on ebay some that had two sets of holes and they looked really weak. wheres a good place to get them?
lobdyblazr   +1y
I ran them with my 19s..never had a problem...and I was even using the AIM adapters.
disfiguredS10   +1y
I lost a wheel w/a pattern change adapter. (scary shit)I can't find the pic. best advice i can give is if you hear a creaking sound pull the F over and check it out.
lucky_brew   +1y
i ran them for almost 3 years... i had a vw pattern oz wheel on my yota. i retorqued them every 3k miles when i changed the oil that way i always remembered it. i also used some of that loc-tite (not the permanent stuff) its much like anything else, keep them maintained and like randall said, hear some creakin - pull the F over!
AiredOut   +1y
I ran some pattern change adapters on my fullsize, I never had any problems either. As lucky brew said, make sure to re-torque them every now and then and you should be fine. Although im not sure id trust the cheap ebay stuff.

standardbyker88   +1y
gotta love how you always stumble onto cool wheels that wont fit huh? like stock tcs would look kill on my yota. 5x4". damn. haha. ive heard of people having issues, but its like 1 out of 10. just keep an eye on them and you should be okay.
lucky_brew   +1y
Originally posted by AiredOut

I ran some pattern change adapters on my fullsize, I never had any problems either. As lucky brew said, make sure to re-torque them every now and then and you should be fine. Although im not sure id trust the cheap ebay stuff.

yeah, definately look into a really good set! dont by any fly by night shit off ebay made in some 3rd world country...

http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_adapters_and_wheel_spacers.asp

my buddy got some from this site. he even had them made a specific thickness so that the wheel would have a better offset.

also keep in mind that a wheel that is 7" wide will essentually become 8" (or so) wide because of the adapter thickness. that being said, make sure you have the room for the wheel and the adapter to tuck!
menace   +1y
im running 1" spacers on my truck, no problems at all with them... and im rough on my truck too, doin burnouts and drifting snd stuff...
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by lucky_brew

also keep in mind that a wheel that is 7" wide will essentually become 8" (or so) wide because of the adapter thickness. that being said, make sure you have the room for the wheel and the adapter to tuck!

I think you mean that the thickness of the adapter takes away from the backspacing of the wheel, so if you need 4.5 inches of bs to tuck an 8" wheel, you will need wheels that have 5.5" backspacing if your adapter is an inch thick.

Originally posted by AiredOut

Although im not sure id trust the cheap ebay stuff.

the ebay seller wheeladapters claims to be the factory for all the other guys, and judging by what I have seen it is true. I have two sets from them, no problems. The first set was a 2.5 wide 5 on 4.75 hub to 5 on 4.75 wheel spacer (no pattern change, but set up the same way) and the second set was 5 on 4.75 hub to 5 on 112mm wheel. They didnt stock that application but they had it to me in under 4 days, no extra charge.
lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 1/2/2008 10:48:21 PM by lucky_brew

^ yeah, what russ said. lol. its late!