threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  what size wheel and tire???

what size wheel and tire???

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 101
replies 8
following 4

Abercrombie   +1y
my wife bought a 2005 nissan altima last night. she wants to put lower it and put some new rims and tires on it. what size rim (width) and tire should she get that will still tuck??? i'm lost on this one!
Abercrombie   +1y
actually i guess i should clarify a little bit. it looks to me from researching the rim width will be around 7 to 7.5 wide, but i guess i need to know what offset and tire width to go with so it will still tuck once lowered.
sirbodydragger   +1y
what sizw tire is on there now ?

Abercrombie   +1y
215 55 17. which is a little thick.
from looking on owner profiles on here, i see some people who have a 245 35, 235 35, and from google i've saw it depends on the offset of rim. i would hate to go buy a 245 35 and her offset not be right and it stick out. thats why i was wondering what offset is good for each tire.
sirbodydragger   +1y
looks lika a 225-35-20 is exactly the same size as the stock, & you should runa + 40 mm off set wheel & it will tuck
Abercrombie   +1y
the rims she is looking at are 17x7.5. shes wanting like a 40-45 series tire. i guess i just really need to know what width would tuck. the offset of the rim shes looking at is 45.
Abercrombie   +1y
would a 225 work with a 45mm offset?
sirbodydragger   +1y
Edited: 1/18/2008 4:22:13 PM by sirbodydragger

oh for some reason i got 20s in my head (derrrrr) you could just drop down to a 215-50-17 & itd be about 1/2in shorter + 45mm will work too
Abercrombie   +1y
thanks for the help
Page 1 of 1