Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  TIRES FOR A 20 X 9.5 RIM

TIRES FOR A 20 X 9.5 RIM

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 540
replies 4
following 4

LndRanger86   +1y
WHATS THE BEST TIRE FOR MY WHEELS? I'M RUNNING A 225-30-20 ON THEM NOW AND IT'S JUST TO NARROW. WHAT CAN I RUN THATS JUST AS SHORT BUT A LITTLE WIDER? THANKS
lucky_brew   +1y
translation of tire sizes...
1st numer = tire width in millimeters
2nd number = (ratio) percent of tire width equals tire height. so in this case the wall is 30% of 225mm. (whatever that translates to...)
3rd numer = obviusly rim diameter

so, if you want wider you will need to go to a 235 or 245 since most sizes jump in 10s

and the ratio needs to be smaller since the percent will be greater because the width is wider. in short, it needs to be a 25 (or 20 if they make them)
lucky_brew   +1y
Edited: 1/21/2008 4:23:43 PM by lucky_brew

your tire = 225/30/20

overall diameter = 25.5"overall width = 9" (based on the tire mounted on a 9" rim, so its probably a bit wider)

so with a little google-ing and searching you can probably find something. this will atleast help you decide if the optional tire is wider and the same heighth.....

ill post again if i can find something that will work more specifically

this is where i got the info:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/g-force-t-a-kdw/22.html
4uh8rs   +1y
google search tire calculator...u can get tire width and height by typing in the size
LndRanger86   +1y
thanks guys. I suck at the whole tire and wheel thing. It's the same with offsets.There's some things I just don't bother with.Thanks again guys
Page 1 of 1