threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  corvette wheels on 1st gen s10?

corvette wheels on 1st gen s10?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 4299
replies 9
following 5

shideburns   +1y
i want to put newer vette wheels on my 1st gen, the fronts are 17X8.5 and rears are 18X9.5i tried bolting them up knowing i would probly need spacers and found that the rears hit the frame before they bolt up and the fronts hit the tie rod. i am wondering if anyone has pics of this set up and if anyone know the exact size of spacers i will need to get these on and still get them to tuck. it looks like without "the perfect" spacer that they will either rub the frame/tie rod, or stick out past the fenders.
disfiguredS10   +1y
I seen 1 with some huge spacers, they fit well but didn't look like they would tuck.
shideburns   +1y
oh yeah its these wheels.

im not saying your wrong but it looked like you could just tuck them by like 1/4" if you had the perfect spacer. the trucks lowered NO PLANS on bagging it either, 1 bagged ride at a time is plenty to keep me busy. its got a v8 and i just want it for a cruiser
disfiguredS10   +1y
i'm sure they can, just might need some custom ordered spacers.
shideburns   +1y
yeah i was thinkin if i cant get an answer on here i might measure them and buy spacers a little too big and have them milled down once the wheels are bolted on and i know exactly how much i need to mill off to make the tuck but not rub anything. but it is definatly possible that they just wont fit due to having no dish and being very wide. im not gonna spend a million bucks just to get them on my truck, theres tons of wheels out there, i just want a little of a hodrod look, no big full faced wheels on this one.
dssur   +1y
ebay seller wheeladapters (go figure) sells 2.5" spacer kits just for this purpose. I had z06 rims on my 2nd gen with adapters from that guy. I think the set is around 200 shipped.

click here for one of his other auctions
shideburns   +1y
cool thanks alot. are the 1st gens the same width as the 2 gens? the rear looked like it would only need like a 1" spacer and the front looked like it needed a bigger one.
another question russ, did they look goofy with that giant spacer? im afraid they might.
CarrJETS   +1y
don't use spacers... use wheel adapters. The one's from ebay should work. If you space the wheels out you're taking away threads for the lug nuts to grip onto, making it easier for the lug nut to back off
shideburns   +1y
i thought it was the same thing....i will definatly adapters that do 5X4.75 to 5X4.75, if it was only a spacer i would need some 5" long wheel studs.
dssur   +1y
there is a pic of the truck with the wheels on it in my profile. looked like if it was less than the 2.5 it would look too far in.
Page 1 of 1