threads
Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  pics of a traditional body drop?

pics of a traditional body drop?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 6291
replies 10
following 11

baggednbad91   +1y
does anyone have pics of a traditional body drop on an 89-98 full size? im considering tackling this job and would like to see how others hav attempted it. in process pics would be great! thanks
randallss10   +1y
bump i also would like to see pics of bd stepsides bc the search sucks
1redchvy   +1y
Edited: 8/4/2008 9:34:37 PM by 1redchvy

first time....so I will take the critisism......hope this helps.....it wasnt as hard as I thought.....

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Byrdman   +1y
nice use of the wood floor
blackice   +1y
Here is a few pics of mine. I just got it back on the ground and running this weekend. If you angle the filler plates on the sides, you can still run stock carpet. If you cut the fire wall right, you can stil run the stock heat and a/c.

If I had to do it again, I would go stock floor. By the time its striped down and are ready to cut, you are only 4 bolts away from lifting the cab off. Welding sheet metal sucks, I would rather weld nice solid frame anyday. Plus with stock floor, Its alot less work to fit the interior back in after.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
randallss10   +1y
great pics i like the motor r/d support pics i was wandering about the fan. ok here is my truck. http://xclusive-images.com/images/shows/2008/part%203/draggin%20nats/DCIM/NATS1%20(292).JPG ok it does not lay but i know why the front in not notch for the tie rods. the rear is still on leafs. i need like 2" to lay.i want to do a bd on 22's i know how to do the cab and front. i want the truck to lay so i need to narrow the rear end not to rub. so i was thinking i want the b/d can i do a b/d on the truck and do a frame under the rearend. if i did that then the b/d would be done on the rear just make the bed mounts fit the new frame. i want to know how much will i have to narrow the rear to lay and b/d a frame under rear on my stepside. here is the bed pic will the notch cover be good to lay and bd with the frame under on my 22's? http://xclusive-images.com/images/MONTHLY%20ARTICLES/2007/MY%20TRUCK/DSC_3004.JPG
jsondrops   +1y
randall that sheet didnt work!
obey   +1y
Just my .02 but i found that the stock floor option was much easier in the end to do yourself, plus you get to keep the interior room.
randallss10   +1y
Originally posted by jsondrops

randall that sheet didnt work!

??
randallss10   +1y
i know i need to make it lay. that is the easy part. i want to narrow the rear. im thinkin tell me im wrong if i do a under frame or slung as some call it when the truck is b/d the bed would not not have to be b/d because the frame is under the axle making the bed on the gorund then just make bed mounts. thats just me thinkin. if i used a 2x3 for the frame take 3"+1-1/2"(half of axle)= 4 1/2" - 16" from(half of 22's with wheels)=about 10"of lift