threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  Chrome is shot...what next?

Chrome is shot...what next?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 267
replies 10
following 8

HitEmLow   +1y
I have a set of 22s that sat for a long time and are now in bad shape. What are my options for getting them back to their original glory? I know it's expensive to re-chrome, but what about getting them sandblasted and then ceramic-coated in a glossy black? Any of you guys been through this?
standardbyker88   +1y
sandblasted and painted black, powdered black or ceramic coated would be the best bet. look into pricing at local places that do chroming vs powder/paint and make the choice. might even be cheaper to get new wheels depending on what you had.
project_77   +1y
hate to say it but the cost to de-chrome a wheel is retarded. you are better off getting a new set
Idragit   +1y
I'd like to have em..how much you want for em?
ghetto33   +1y
after you get them sandblasted just have them painted
lucky_brew   +1y
sand blast em and have em powder coated "near chrome" look in twistedminis profile for his parts. he had them done and they look good! i called a place here and its cheap as hell!
HitEmLow   +1y
Thanks for the help guys. I guess i'll take em down to a shop and see about that new chrome look or get them done black.

Dusty I'd have no idea what to sell them for and i really want to keep them. They are great-looking rims.
jetts   +1y
near chrome doesnt look anything like chrome... mine looks silver
lucky_brew   +1y
^ i didnt say it looked like chrome - it just "looked good!" and it was cheap!
maz2low   +1y
Originally posted by HitEmLow

Thanks for the help guys. I guess i'll take em down to a shop and see about that new chrome look or get them done black.

Dusty I'd have no idea what to sell them for and i really want to keep them. They are great-looking rims.

I had to have a set re-chromed since they were custom made awile back . In the state of florida they were crazy in price so I looked out of state . Contact NEW ENGLAND CHROME Toll free: (866) 528-7176 . Very fast service,Very cheap prices,Very fast shipping