Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  HELP: 22"s Rubbing Inner Fender Wells On My Fusion

HELP: 22"s Rubbing Inner Fender Wells On My Fusion

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 326
replies 10
following 8

Layin Rocker Ranger   +1y
What up fellas, Look i put 22's w/ a 245/30/R22"s on my fusion & when i turn they rub the plastic inner fender wells! Okay... if i remove them or cut them out to fix that problem, will water get inside the car to where my carpet & shit is wet! Thanks...
tagscook   +1y
No it won't - mine rubbed so much on my car they almost fell out so had to pull them all the way out. that plastic isn't what is keeping the water out
shvdass   +1y
You can also heat the plastic up with a heat gun and push it back away from the tire. Use a hammer or something, it might need a little coaxing. Also it is a good idea to have a fire extinguisher nearby or a big cup of water, trust me....lol
scotto79   +1y
You'll be fine, there is also an extra inch or more space between the plastic and the steel inner fender below.
slamdblazer   +1y
You'll be fine youre just gonna have to clean the engine compartment more. all the inned fenders do is pretty much keep dirt and water out of th eengine compartment but you wont have any issues TEAR THEM OUT. Car looks sick by the way.
AON-JAMES   +1y
I took mine completely out (I have a 500.) You are fine, you can also run a smaller tire.. width wise.. a 235/30/22 (I have them) that would probably help your situation out more.. but yes, you can pull the fenders out.
AON-JAMES   +1y
You'll just have some really dirty door jambs.. haha.
BankruptRam   +1y
Like James said, you'll have some dirty door jams. I have a 1990 Taurus wagon and they had plastic fender linings and also where the fender and door meet on the fender part there is a "shield" made of an SOS pad looking material that traps and keeps junk out of the door jams. You may want to look into making something like that.
Layin Rocker Ranger   +1y
No doubt! Thanks peoples! There is a guy in Cali. that has a white one on juice, I didnt know if any one knew him or of his car? Thanks for the help!
AON-JAMES   +1y
It was juiced in cali, his name is billy, he lives out here in vegas, and he's a very good friend of mine.. the car is definently ill.

go-ez juiced it.
post photo