threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Cleaning Billet Wheels???

Cleaning Billet Wheels???

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2278
replies 8
following 6

TuKnRaiL   +1y
Well this is my first set of billet wheels and just got them home from getting them mounted and balanced. They are covered with finger prints so my question is what does everybody use to clean them with???
acromexicant   +1y
soap and water - make sure they arent hot when you clean them because it will leave water spots-
taken from centerlinewheels.com
Q: How should I maintain my polished and chrome wheels?
A: Washing your wheels with mild soap and water on a weekly basis will help to maintain them. Wash wheels when they are cool to prevent spotting. You will also want to periodically polish the wheels with a non-abrasive, aluminum polish (some recommendations: Eagle One, Mothers, Meguiar's). Absolutely no ammonia-based or acid cleaning solutions on the wheels (or the tires for that matter). Helpful hint from Ron in the Sales Dept: A light coat of car wax on the wheels diminishes the amount of surface contaminants adhering to the wheel.

Q: How often do I need to polish my wheels?
A: We recommend regular maintenance. If you allow the wheels to dull too far, it will require extra work to get them back to their original luster. Polishing frequency depends on: 1. Wheel finish: Polished wheels require more polishing - hence the name! Chrome wheels require very little polishing if you regularly wash them.
2. Weather conditions.
3. How often you wash the wheels with soap and water.
4. How you use the vehicle.
5. Proximity to the ocean.

Q: What precautions should I take at the car wash?
A: Verify that they will not be using any chemicals, including ammonia-based or acid cleaning solutions, on the wheels (or the tires for that matter).

Q: Can I run my wheels in the snow?
A: We strongly recommend against running the wheels where road salt is used. The salt will surface pit the wheels. If you have to run the wheels under such conditions, immediately wash them down. If the wheels pit due to negligence, there is no warranty.

rolnlow   +1y
my friend has used the mothers powerball and said it works great.
you might want to think about cleaning them very well, get them perfect the put some zoop seal on them
http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp
TuKnRaiL   +1y
Aight kool deal!! So is there not a spray that you can put on them and wipe them clean like chrome wheels?? I have them sitting in my house now and don't wanna drag them back out to clean them up!!!
BlazerX86   +1y
I have 18 and 19 in Boyd Coddington Turbines and mine look like chrome. Just check out my profile. I use the Mothers BILLET polish on them. The $15.00 can. I wipe them down first with a microfiber towel to get any dirt or anything off of them. Then I use the yellow polishing cloth's to apply it. Try to start polishing one area at a time. On my rims for intantance I do the big spokes first, then the smaller sunk in parts where the lugs are and then I do the outter part. After applying the polish I then take it off with a microfiber to prevent the tiny scratch's. This method has worked for me but to each is own. Every show I go to people argue if there chrome or billet.
BlazerX86   +1y
Also Zoop seal is not that good. I actually used it and polished it off because the shine was dull.
TuKnRaiL   +1y
Yeah robert they do look good!!! I just got the same wheels in 22's for my fullsize chevy!! Well i guess thats what I will do then. Polish them with the mother's billet polish. Where did you pick it up from??
rolnlow   +1y
Originally posted by BlazerX86

Also Zoop seal is not that good. I actually used it and polished it off because the shine was dull.

this is good to know,I have never really talked to ny one that used it

BlazerX86   +1y
You can get it at any auto parts store.
Page 1 of 1