Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  64 Impala Wheel Issues

64 Impala Wheel Issues

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 485
replies 5
following 6

noclrnce   +1y
Ok, I had a set of 22x8 wire wheels with new tires sitting in my garage and decided to try them on my Impala to see if the fit. They fit damn near perfect in the back but the front is a different story. When they were put on the front, they are completly inside the fender but there is no way I can turn my wheels. The tires I have on them is 255-30-22. Im thinking the back spacing on a wire rim is not right for this car. The bolt pattern I know is 5x4.75 and I really dont want to buy another set of rims if they wont work. I plan to bag my caragain later down the road. Is it the rims or the car? I thought maybe a 88-98 Chevy 1500 wheel might be the right offset with a unilug pattern might work. Check out my profile for pics. Help!!!!
NOTLONUF   +1y
it must be the car.... why don't you just sell it to me...
lowrod63   +1y
For the front a 22x8 wheel will fit with an offset in the range of +4 to +9 and in the rear there is a lot of room up 10" wide.
stickboy   +1y
if we are talking about knock offs........ dont bother. knock offs suck. if your putting a knock off on go ahead and change all the studs, get brand new lugs, and if someone else had them get new adapters, i had a knock of come off on me infront of my local hardees and the damned wheels went past the car and my brake drum came off and the cops came and the car was in the road on three wheels and well it wasnt fun. knock offs suck.
stickboy   +1y
dude i looked at your profile with the pictures, and it looks like those are front wheel drive knock offs, that would be the reason why your wheels in the front arent turning cause they arent meant for a rear wheel drive car. sorry man push those off on someone else, they look good and all but it aint worth it.
driptruck   +1y
Thoes are not FWD offset they are standard offset which is pretty close to most off the shelf rims (not all) You will need to either order rims with a custom offset or shorten the control arms up some. There are companies allready making them for several cars and trucks but its not hard to do your self. I would go 1" to 1 1/2" I have done this on several cars in the past when bolt on parts wernt available and it works fine. You will be supprised how much you gain with 1" shorter arms I would check with some custom shops on line and see if they make em. There are lots of people running rims of the same offset even on S-10s but most have modified the suspension. (if you go more than 1" you will need to shorten the tie-rods but you may be able to use some shorter ones from a nother GM car. I hope this helps
Page 1 of 1