threads
Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  lowering a flatbed?

lowering a flatbed?

General Discussion
views 11684
replies 8
following 3

manimal   +1y
Anybody got any pics of a lowered squarebody flatbed? Yesterday I bought a 1987 GMC dually flatbed diesel for $500....NOW i have to source another set of drop spindles...eventually. But I am curious about this.
I do BBQ catering and have a 15' smoker trailer that I want to pull with a COOL truck. I think a Flatbed dually lowered with a custom bed would be really cool.

Thinking of a bed similiar to this...
thread post photo

Thanks
Lance
comegetsome   +1y
ive seen a few in pics floating around but wouldnt have a clue where to even find one at....but i think that would be badass...sit it down as close to the flatbed as you can get it and put some helper bags to help with the weight....maybe even paint up an ol vintage chest type freezer to put on the back bed to keep your food in on the way there and back....def need to put some rims on the cooker trailer and paint it to match the truck
comegetsome   +1y
quick google search....neither are box chevys but that COE is badass
thread post photo

thread post photo
manimal   +1y
That COE is the shit. I am not too sure that I like the rear wheels partially covered though. I may make mine where the entire tire can be seen.
manimal   +1y
Still gathering parts, got me another set of drop spindles and drew up the plans for the new flatbed....work and pics coming soon.
dropped fullsize   +1y
Great idea. Manimal are you in Wa? I think I saw your rig and trailer a few weeks ago. Can't wait to see your project come together. Thanks.
manimal   +1y
naw man I am in SoCAL. and trust me I HATE it.....
manimal   +1y
Put the BellTech 4" rear drop stuff on today(shackles and hangers), this week I am going to put the BellTech 3" drop spindles on...will be posting pics soon.
manimal   +1y
BellTech 3" spindles and BellTech 4" hangers/shackles.

Page 1 of 1