Wheel Questions \  Offset+narrowed rearend

Offset+narrowed rearend

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 236
replies 8
following 4

Deluxe_D100   +1y
Edited: 2/1/2009 6:45:08 PM by Laid_Dakota

So I am trying to find wheels that will tuck on my Dakota. What I know is that I need +42mm offset will tuck in the rear. Where I am having trouble is I am putting a new rearend on my truck that is 2" narrower. How much does this effect the offset needed. I did some calculations and got confused. 2" is around 51mm so would that mean I need around -10mm to tuck. I really don't want my wheels too far in or too close to the fender.
Deluxe_D100   +1y
Can a Mod delete my other post please.
kaoss   +1y
Your 2" narrower axle would be 1" per side, so about 25mm. Offset is useless if you don't know the width of the wheel. a 20*8 +42mm may tuck for example, but a 20*9 +42 may not. ( I have no idea if that is true or not on a dakota, I was just making a general example.)   I love Dakota's laid out. Good luck with the build, and post some pictures!

Deluxe_D100   +1y
Sorry for being so broad.....I am going with 20x8.5 wheels. The new axle is 4" narrower, so 2" on each side, my bad.
jeffrodamis   +1y

try a reg offset like a +25

Deluxe_D100   +1y
They won't stick in too much?
Deluxe_D100   +1y
bump 
standardbyker88   +1y
if they stick in too far for your liking, get spacers to push them out. why the narrower axle? or run a nice deep dish rear wheel.
Deluxe_D100   +1y
My rearend went to shit and my friend had a yota rearend sitting in his shop. Is there a maximum size spacer I can use?
Page 1 of 1