threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  how to polish wheels?

how to polish wheels?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 205
replies 2
following 3

moneyhungry   +1y
i have a set of 15s on my civic that are painted with a polished lip.  i love the way the wheels look, but the paint is in bad condition and the lip has the clear coat coming off of it.  is htere any way that i can get the paint off and polish the wheels?  what would be the best product to use?  any info would be great.  thanks.mike.
KEEF   +1y

I would try a product called Peeler....its in a spray can and we use it to strip paint off plastic bumpers without hurting the plastic at all. Used it on an anodized billet steering wheel as well and it didnt affect the anodized billet at all.
tukn22   +1y

aircraft paint remover, do not buy the sprays cans only because of the size of your job, trust me, I'm a professional   buy the gallonalso FYI the stripper will not hurt the rubber of your tires!start with the appropriate sand paper to smooth out any flaws on the wheels,600, 800, 1000, move to lighter and lighter sand paper until you get to 1500break out the different bars of polish with a high speed buffer wheel DONE! as far as some people wanting to clear the wheel after polishing to not have to keep polishing a couple times a year.yesIf your thinking of using rattle can clear your out of your mind!paint shop grade paint  CAN last for Years before becoming damaged for lack of adhesion. depends on your case, its not a permanent thing, just cuts back on the polishing really, then you will eventually have to strip it down and re clear for another couple of years .A permanent solution is clear powder coat, 50 to 125$ZOOP seal is a good product you apply a bunch of sealers to the wheel and your good for a couple of years till needing re-polishing 
Page 1 of 1