threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 192
replies 2
following 2

clemsontravis14   +1y
I posted a hub question in the minitruck forum, but now I am going to pose this question.

How many people have had the center bore machined to increase the size?
I have wheels that have a 78 mm centerbore and I need the to clear a 108 mm hub.  I need to increase the hole by an inch.  Has anyone machined that much out of the center before?
From the edge of the lug hole to the edge of the center hole is currently 1 inch around the rim. I will have to decrease that to 0.5 inches.  Anyone have concerns for me?
kaoss   +1y
Every one that runs GM wheels on there 6 lug minis do this. 1/2 is a little scary I would think, how much room does that leave you between the lug hole and the lip? Sell them 23's and get you some 20's that fit
clemsontravis14   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by KAOSSEvery one that runs GM wheels on there 6 lug minis do this. 1/2 is a little scary I would think, how much room does that leave you between the lug hole and the lip? Sell them 23's and get you some 20's that fit ---------------------------------------------The current center bore hole is 3" and I need to take it to 4".  So it will be 1/2" on each side. Currently, there is 1" from the lug hole to the edge of the center bore hole.  That will give me 1/2" from the lug hole to the edge of the center bore hole is I machine these wheels. BTW, the wheels are going from a Tahoe to a Montero.
post photo
Page 1 of 1