Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  1987 Ford Courier from Australia

1987 Ford Courier from Australia

Mazda Projects
views 7851
replies 9
following 7

mardy   +1y
Hey guys! I thought I'd post a few photos of my daily, '87 Courier Spacecab. Its just a bit of a tidy up at the moment, so i can roll in style. Enjoy!

I plan for it to look something like this, with some old school flavour.

thread post photo

This is how i picked it up three years ago.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Before it was lowered with a set of Prado wheels and Mustang bucket seats. I started shaving bits and pieces, sprayed the bonnet to get rid of the flakey clearcoat. It stayed like this for over a year.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Until the spray painter at work defaced it with masking tape.

thread post photo

Then it was time for a facelift. All work was done by myself, but i got the painter to do the final coats of colour (i'm only a panel beating apprentice!). Shaved badge holes, tailgate, added rollpan.

thread post photo

Paint combo.

thread post photo

Body work done, sanded and in primer.

thread post photo

Colours on!!!

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

While i was on a roll I did the tub liner, painted rear drums, tinted rear lights and new steering wheel.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Wheel is a '64 EH Holden. Still need to figure out a horn and stuff for it.

Thought I'd post up some of my progress while I've been on holidays. Finally mounted the surf front bar, the fit is a bit poo on the sides but its on got the 2WD guards so i expected that. I also tried some of that chrome-in-a-can filth, I don't recommend it. Got some whitewalls cut and peep mirrors to go with the old skool theme.

thread post photo

Re-trimmed my doors too, first time doing any of this kind of stuff but it turned out pretty good.

thread post photo

Fuzzy tiki dice.

thread post photo

Whitewalls.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Painted my grille/headlight surround/lower apron with the body colour. Also got it pinstriped by Ben Reid and tinted my indicator lenses.

thread post photo

thread post photo

We decided on gold stripe on the body line with gold and black on the bonnet and tailgate.

thread post photo

Also got a little straight edge xXx on the tailgate with gold leaf. Planning on shaving the tailgate though and getting a bigger design on there.

thread post photo

Got my windows done in a nice dark tint. I'm getting a tonneau cover made up soon, so that should finish it off for now.

thread post photo

A V6 conversion is also on the cards soon, but trying to find a manual Commodore that isn't thrashed is proving to be difficult. Will probably tub the front and paint the engine bay in case i decide to bag it later on.

Sorry for the photo dump, just took it all off another forum...
Post was last edited on Jan 20, 2013 08:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Lookin good! Keep up the good work!
mardy   +1y
Cheers man, thought I should throw up a picture of my B1600 that I'm working on. First time bagging a truck but its going pretty good, got the notch done and working out the 4 link at the moment

thread post photo

thread post photo

not me in the pics by the way, that's my old man haha
dan woodland   +1y
Great looking Courier!! Painting the grill etc really pulled it together!! I look forward to seeing the B1600 project roll along.
winslow33   +1y
I love the colour combo!
Great looking truck
mardy   +1y
Hey guys how are we all?! Haven't posted on here in quite a while and the truck has had a few little modifications since last time.

Picked up this bung heap off Gumtree for $300

thread post photo

Then this happened.

thread post photo

And for some reason this happened too....

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Gotta love snowballs!

Front tubbed and painted.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

And the first day it rolled out of the shed. One of the greatest days of my life to drive it after spending all that time and hard work building it.

thread post photo

thread post photo

And about a week before ECC 2012 the Adelaide NC family came up to check out my work, where I was then given this.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Many mods to come still. I just need to get my daily up and running (a dual cab Ford Courier haha) and another tub will be built with full wood floor, shaved gate and tail lights and possibly a sheetmetal dash and respray. Not sure if I should get a 4x4 tub and guards or not, what's your thoughts?
dean   +1y
The truck's bad ass!
jenko   +1y
So much to admire about this ride!
Love the love that has gone in
My favorite part? The clean engine bay, very nice.
Great work, thanks for sharing!
91extcab   +1y
what made you choose to keep the stock booster instead of switching out to a smaller one? looks like that might have saved you in some fab time with that driver inner fender tub...

truck looks good regardless. and that motor looks huge in there
mardy   +1y
Thanks for the feedback guys!

The engine bay still has some more work to come as well, planning some sort of sheetmetal cover to hide all the electronics, as well as some pinstriping on the tubs to finish it off.

And 91extcab, I chose to stick with the stock booster because I was running out of cash and time at that stage of the build. I would have loved to run a smaller one and have the full tub on the drivers side, but it wasn't too much time to make the recess for it.

It was a mad rush to get it driveable to East Coast Cruise in NSW (about a 2 day drive) and was so, so close but on a test drive the day before it had some tailshaft angle/centre bearing problems that couldn't quite be fixed in time.
Page 1 of 1