Wheel Questions \  redrilling bolt pattern to accept FWD wheels

redrilling bolt pattern to accept FWD wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 104
replies 0
following 1

jhereg64   +1y
Edited: 12/10/2004 10:52:07 PM by jhereg64

I need some advice from the wheel and tire guys out there. I have a bagged `93 Geo Tracker with 17" Kmc venoms on it. They don't tuck, but that's been o.k. as my frame doesn't quite layout.
NOW, In getting ready for a bodydrop and some frame mods. to make it lay out, these rims will not be o.k. I have a 5x5.5 bolt pattern which is also fullsize Dodge and older Ford trucks. Therefore rims are geared more for them (they assume I have the room). In checking at some rim shops, I had a guy suggest, instead of getting rims with the right spacing custom drilled, (oh, did I mention I want to do a 18"/20" split?) He suggested that I get a FWD pattern for like say a Honda (which I can find many choices of rims for) drilled in the hubs. He said it should be cheaper in the long run and offer me more choices. And it should bring everything inside the body line. Now Wheels are not my strong point but this sounds correct. What does everyone think? Anything I should watch for or be aware of (other than the normal BD clearance issues?) Thanx, everyone Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.
Page 1 of 1