Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  Spinning Wheels

Spinning Wheels

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 116
replies 6
following 6

dpkn03   +1y
I own a 2000 Chevy Silverado and I'm thinking about purchasing some 22" DUB Trumps, but I'm worried about having brake problems. The rims are solid with the spinner or floater on the outside. I'm afraid that I'll overheat my brakes or cause serve damage to them. I really don't want to upgrade my brakes. Any input would help, thanks
LowRangerMS   +1y
I don't think the spinner part will affect your brakes, but the bigger the wheel the more brake you do need. If you want to be safe, you need to upgrade your breaks. Trust me, you'd rather pay to upgrade your breaks than paying for a new front end when you crash into something or someone cuz you couldn't stop. Good luck with it all though.
02ramon22s   +1y
He's not worried about the spinner doing damage, but the soild wheel causing his braked to get hotter. I think the bigger dia. wheels assuming you had the stock 16" wheels, that is 6" bigger around the inside of the wheel. I thing that will make up more then enough for being solid. And you won't get brake dust all over.
BLACKMAGICON24S   +1y
i role 24's and the breaking is not that much different. you do notice a difference but not a huge difference.
JW   +1y
I think you'll be ok...everyone said id have brake problems running a bigger than stock wheel and the backing plates behind them....but mine are just fine.

dpkn03   +1y
One plus with those floaters is no brake dust on your wheels. I roll on 20" Rozzi's now, but I want something bigger. If I have to upgrade the brakes I was thinking about going with SSBS. Any input on brake companies?
Wakeboard03S10   +1y
my buddy has 24s on his avalance and its fine. stops great on stock breaks
Page 1 of 1