threads
Page 1 of 1
Wheel Questions \  22s with a 5/6 drop...will it clear?

22s with a 5/6 drop...will it clear?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 120
replies 3
following 4

mtm   +1y
this is a shot in the dark but a buddy of mine wants to buy my 19s and i thought of going with 22s for my next set. I have a 5/6 drop on my noma and i was just curious as to what all i would have to do to make sure everything clears allright. It's possible that i will go ahead and tub the bed since i am going to bag anyhow. As for the front, the 19s don't have a shitload of clearance so i know a 22 will be a problem. i will more than likely buy 2 20" wheels in the same design and have a 20/22 combo when it comes time to bag but for right now with the 5/6 drop is it possible to run the 22" wheels? I am going to have to cut out the fenderwells aint i
CustomChevS10   +1y
nope you won't make the 22s fit. The front tires will be in the wheel well and you won't be able to turn. 20s you'll have a tough time with as well. The people i've seen with a 5/6 on 20s pulled the inner fenders for clearence.
cnudrln   +1y
yes you can run a 22 while laying rocker. ask jeff (4u8hers) for info. hes got 22 on his.
rollinjunk   +1y
i've got a 3/4 drop on mine and had 22s for a about a month and i only rubbed on sharp turns and bumps, I Don't think 22s will fit on a 5/6 because I put my 20s on my sister's truck (which has a 5/6) and they rubbed a little, hope this helps some.
Page 1 of 1