Page 1 of 2
Off-topic \  Anybody use a 3 car trailer

Anybody use a 3 car trailer

Off-topic General Discussions
views 2100
replies 16
following 15

Ram2nv   +1y
Im thinkin of getting a 3 car trailer to use for our carlot but do u need a CDL license in Texas to drive one and about how much mpg more or less does a diesel truck get on a loaded and unloaded trailer. Thanks
dragn168   +1y
i know ive seen pebbles pushers use one you might wanna ask those guys
Douggiefresh   +1y
Talk to Jon Leach (pleasuresburban) on here. He uses a 3 car trailer.
post photo
post photo
post photo
bill brasky   +1y
^^^^that would be scary backing up one of those bitches.
b5000r   +1y
how do you load the trailers on the three car trailer?
okblt2drg   +1y
I will be useing one next year when I go to far away shows. I don't think u need a CDL but I better make sure
outlawcrewcab   +1y
well if its over 40 ft or more than 2 axles then yes or if it gross's over so much. and you have to DOT the trailer every year. we were going to get one till we found out all the rules and said f-it we bought a 30ft just to hual the dually instead
lit   +1y
Hey Joe...there are different classifications and endorsments on a commercial drivers license. I think a Class B license would suffice for what you're trying to accomplish. Registration and federal inspection of the trailer is no big deal, and the cost is minimal. Your annual renewal is even cheaper.

The MPG on a diesel pulling a trailer of that size is going to suck...no two ways about it. I wouldn't expect more than 10-12 empty, and 8-10 loaded. Good luck on your decision.
PleasuresBurban   +1y
Where do i start..this thread rocks. BTW
U do have to have a CDL class A to rock one of those bad boys down the road.For those that dont know its the same license that a 18 wheeler uses. Except you dont need a air brake endorsment. The trailer puts you in a combination class ( truck and trailer ). Thats a class A. Class B is like a box truck for example that doesnt have a trailer thats removeable. Anything over 26,100 lbs in the combination throws you in the class A catagory. Its not the actual weight your hauling. Its the GVWR of the truck and trailer combined. My combo is 32,500 I have the truck thats rated 11,500 and the trailer thats rated at 21,000lbs it has 3 7,000lb axles 3x7=21k get it?all together its 32,500lbs GVWR. That means you must have the trailer and truck DOT inspected and you HAVE to hit the wiegh stations no matter if your running commercial or not.DOT inspection cost me 110.00 for both. My truck gets 10-13 mpg loaded. For the guy asking how i get the trailers on there..I either put them on with a forklift or the trailer is made to load and unload trailers. Its a special package.I run that trailer almost daily.Hell i almost never unhook it even when im not working. Been all over the US and canada with it. The rules apply all over.Certain states dont have a diffrent lic policy than others when it comes to these. And i assure you. I have been there.And if you dont have your shit together like your lic and all the DOT shit you will be BUSTED! And they will make you leave your trailer where ever. They will not let you haul it empty or not without the proper crap. Ive been there twice. Had to leave it and have someone else come get it with the proper lic before I got mine. And the fines are OUTRAGOUS! No CDL ticket is almost 500 bucks in most states. I racked up 900.00 in fines in one stop in New Mexico lol.Get your stuff together before you buy one. Like i said it doesnt matter if you buy one for commercial or recreational use. I use mine for both.Dont let no one tell you no diffrent.
PleasuresBurban   +1y
Ill post some more pics

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo