Page 2 of 2
Wheel Questions \  215/30/18

215/30/18

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 1390
replies 18
following 17

Big Mark   +1y
i dont get it what do all the numbers mean (new to this stuff)
dssur   +1y
Originally posted by Big Mark

i dont get it what do all the numbers mean (new to this stuff)

215: tire width in mm at the widest point. On low profile tires its usually the tread width, but on passenger car tires sometimes its widest at the sidewall. 215 mm is about 8.5 inches wide.

30: percentage of width as height. A 30 series 215 tire is 30% of 215 tall, or 30% of 8.5 inches which gives you a 2.55 inch tall sidewall.

18: is the wheel size.

lo75lux   +1y
Nankang makes em,i have a pic, but i dunno how to post, and their tiny,goto this site and their on here, on the red ranger.
dubrocker04   +1y
Originally posted by cnudrln

any info on these tires?

tim it would be great if you could resize your signature pic to prevent the threads you post in from becoming double wides... or you could post the thumbnail if the same pic for much better thread usage by those who don't have a high speed connection. thanks man.
alienwerks03   +1y
Originally posted by dubrocker04

Originally posted by cnudrln

any info on these tires?

tim it would be great if you could resize your signature pic to prevent the threads you post in from becoming double wides... or you could post the thumbnail if the same pic for much better thread usage by those who don't have a high speed connection. thanks man.

true, but i like looking at the girls ass to the far right everytime!
John   +1y
I am telling ya bud, unless you are going to be towing to shows DO NOT GET that low of a profile tire. I have 225-35-18 and am scared to death driveing mine on long trips, but hey, we play and pay, right.
cnudrln   +1y
Edited: 12/31/2005 2:37:06 PM by cnudrln

sry dub ive been meaning to fix that. ive got 215/35/18s on mine and drive that b***h to every show long distance or close. does anybody know about how much they cost?
pearldrop   +1y
I've daily driven on 215/35/18s off and on for 9 years now without a problem. I've had one flat from hitting a rock in the road. It isn't something I ever even think about.... But with a 215/30/18 I would keep it on a trailer.
time1   +1y
i had 215/35/18's on my KMC wheels i had and they were 8.5" wide. The tires were stretched on those bitches and i went over railroad tracks without slowing down and i never had a problem. i got the same size tires on my new wheels. but the 215/30 i dont know if i would roll those around to much