threads
Page 2 of 2
Wheel Questions \  Protecting Billet wheel.. ???

Protecting Billet wheel.. ???

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 253
replies 18
following 15

John Nissan   +1y
i heard there was something that you can use before you cruise em that helps. yea like a clear coat
olskoolpup   +1y
its zoopseal. it prevents the aluminum from oxidizing. all you'll need to do is wash them w/ soapy water. lasts about a year or so. then just polish and reapply.
olskoolpup   +1y
also, ive heard that clear powdercoat doesnt allow the billet to shine.

sure theyd be protected, but whats the point if they dont BLING?
Stock Sucks   +1y
I used Zoopseal on mine and it lasted about a 2 years, they started to get a little dull so i hand polished them just to bring some shine back and that has lasted 8 months w/o reapplying the zoopseal...but i think i am gonna get a powerball and really polish them nice before i do another coat...zoopseal works good though...even in the winter time...just dont drive when there is too much salt...it can break down the finish according to Zoopseal

i heard that if you powder coat clear, and it gets a chip the aluminum will turn whitish like an old clearcoated aluminum wheel
bagged&topless   +1y
wax them up real good...it work
swangwidechevys   +1y
flitz is the sh*t. i posted flitz on this site a year ago, i guess it got threw to everyone. it is used to clean guns.
motorheads10   +1y
Edited: 2/3/2006 3:53:31 PM by motorheads10

my friend had his new wheels powdercoated with a clear now he just wipes them off
quiksilverz71   +1y
I bought a set of Intro's and they have the clear powdercoating on them. I think they look awesome. I haven't mounted them yet. Some people say it dulls the shine just alittle bit.
post photo
post photo
Stock Sucks   +1y
ZoopSeal is still working good after 2 years with 2 light hand polishings...never heard of this, but i would be afraid of the powdercoat getting chipped by a rock and then letting the wheel oxidize, thus letting those little white spots appear like in the old clear coated aluminum wheels...but i would try ZoopSeal if you want the shine to stay