Page 1 of 2
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  over priced bodydrop

over priced bodydrop

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 5400
replies 18
following 17

dirkbelt   +1y
well i called this new shop{da drop shop} just checkin prices on a stockfloor bodydrop and i was about 2 pass out when they told me 7,500 to stockfloor it 3 inches,when i could get it done at a well respected shop{ekstensive metalworks}cheaper,are they f-ing crazy!!!!!!!!i also priced 2 get it rebagged and that wasnt 2 bad it was only 2,800 with slam baggs,i dont know i might be a tightwad but i think that is 2 much,what do yall think
drgndually85   +1y
Contact Sean at www.finalfab.com and see what he can do for you.
DooredFord   +1y
Edited: 7/18/2006 3:47:30 PM by ShorelineF150

Edited: 7/18/2006 3:45:36 PM by ShorelineF150

Edited: 7/18/2006 3:45:08 PM by ShorelineF150

I paid like 8200 maybe a little more maybe 8500 at autocore to stock floor 4" to the doors, shave the emblems, antenna, taillights, weld in rollpan, gas door, and make 1 off taillights (strippers). Fix KP kit that i dragged all the bars on, fix oil pan and tranny pan and tranny seal from dragging, re-work front suspension and raise control arms to get rid of all the bad camber i had, custom bridge made, add shocks up front, intake and shit had to be re-done cuz the bodydrop. probably few little things i forgot. fix muffler i dragged through... re-plumb everything and switch from 8 gallon tank to 2- 5 gallons... dual battery trays on the frame, re-wire compressor to starter, make a new tranny cross member since i dragged through the stock one, dual 14" electric fans... since my 1st bag job was all hack! so i think you're getting ripped there
svrdfknties   +1y
Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good... Keep in mind you get what you pay for..
DooredFord   +1y
Yeah the bodydrop alone to door it was $4800...3800 if i just wanted to lay rocker.
impulse   +1y
Originally posted by svrdfknties

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good... Keep in mind you get what you pay for..

Not always the case...

Anyone can charge too much for something and do a shit show of a job on it.

My friends shop has the lowest prices in the city yet turns out the best work around in the fastest times. Other shops charge out the ass, and you're lucky if you ever see it hit the street again.

I say look at what they've done in the past and get reviews from other people that have been there. Price means nothing... quality means everything!
DooredFord   +1y
yeah see my trucks also been there since late april- won't see it for probably another at least 2 weeks...maybe longer who knows. I was told 2-3 weeks like a month ago.
keele   +1y
Buy a welder and some other tools such as a grinder, sawzal , buy some metal, study up and don't be affraid to cut in to something. Do it your self and save a shit load of money and earn the respect of doing it yourself.
TwistedPhil   +1y
They probably didn't want to do it.

We had some oddball rides come in here when we did installs, and I would quote some astronomical prices just so I wouldn't have to touch their car!

That bit us in the butt once, though:

I couldn't quote this guy high enough to chase him away!

-Phil at FBI
dragrocker   +1y
i dont know this shop, but you normaly get what you pay for . who cares what they charge no need to air it on the net kido