threads
Page 1 of 2
Wheel Questions \  ready to flip the f*** out!

ready to flip the f*** out!

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 212
replies 16
following 14

mtm   +1y
ok, i have a big ass problem and i don't know what to do. Last year i put my 19s on my truck, with a lock lug on each wheel. Well i put on the last lock lug and the fuckin key broke. It wasnt because i torqed them to hard, the key was just wore out and its a two part key, why i dunno but the actualy key part broke from the socket end. To make a long story short the key is long gone, i drove a 13/16 socket on the back lock lugs and got my back two wheels off so i can install my notches but the front wheels won't budge. I've broken 4 sockets and 2 ratchets trying to get them off. I don't know what else to do. My dad told me to send one of the lugs i got off to the company and they would send me a new key but damn these lock lugs are about 6-7 years old so i dunno wtf to do. It sucks because the lugs sit deep in my wheels and i don't want to fuck anything up. suggestions?
msturg   +1y
call up a tire shop, perferably a place that sells custom wheels. I know most places have gotten mine off with no trouble, without me giving them the key. Don't know what they did, but I would imagine they make a universal key for some locks.

it's worth a try.
waylowwhitey   +1y
Yeah, Snap-On, Matco, and Mac all make a lug removal socket set. The inside of it looks like a jagged tooth spiral. You might find one at Vato Zone or somewhere like that as well
fatboysS1O   +1y
all i know is what your dad said. i do believe when u buy some locking lugs that package has a key number on it so when u call the company u can tell them that key number and they will send u a new key. but since the lock lugs are so old and most people dont remember/save the key number i guess youll have to send them a lug so they can send u the rigth key. or maybe go to a local tire shop and see if they have a matching key u could borrow or buy. thats all i can think of to do.
mtm   +1y
been to 3 wheel shops. They said they don't have anything to get that deep into the wheel.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
I had a similar thing happen to me. I pulled the rotor center cap off, pulled the cotter pin out removed the rotor with the wheel attached (you've got to climb up in there and get the caliper off.) Then cut the studs off from behind and pound them through the front. Pain in the ASS....oh yeah!
dragginsteel67   +1y
Edited: 7/21/2006 4:44:33 PM by dragginsteel67

pound a socket on that is tight to go on, maybe 13/16" is one size too big, but pound the socket on and hit it with an impact gun, make sure you have a full tank of air too. A quick shot usually will break it loose. ohh and put all the rest of your lugs on and make sure they are snugged down hard, it'll give that lock nut a little relief.

SPICY   +1y
BEAT A 19MM ON IT USE A 1/2" RATCHET A BREAKER BAR AND WHOOP ITS ASSSS
wht01ranger   +1y
get some lube, give bdroppeddak a call 881-330-8004
randallss10   +1y
i have a remover that takes old lugs off and lockable lugs off i got mine at sears